Saturday, August 2, 2008

A well-needed reminder

I know that I haven´t written much about my faith and new revelations, except a sentence here or there...so now is the time. This morning was a little bit difficult for me because I tried to call my mom, but she wasn´t getting a good signal and the calls kept getting cut off, so I couldn´t really talk to her. For some reason it really upset me and I resorted to what I do best...crying. :-) I am doing better now, but I think there will always be hard moments when I realize that I can´t just make a simple phone call to the people I love most.

So anyways, I sat down to read my Bible. I have been following a reading plan to read the Bible in a year and I´ve been keeping up fairly well. My main problem is getting something out of it everyday. But I figure if I am faithful in my commitment to read the Word every day, God will eventually reveal something to me when the time is right. Today I got a reminder that I needed. I was in 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles reading about the different Kings that ruled and how some where faithful to the Lord, and some were not. It goes back and forth constantly. In a sense this made me feel more ¨normal¨ I guess you could say. At times I am much closer to God than others. I always want to be improving my relationship and growing in my faith but, let´s face it, it doesn´t always happen like that. What I need to then focus on is not how far away I am getting, but instead how to draw closer. I need to always focus on renewing my strength in Him and my commitment to Him. God will reward me for that.
It´s normal to go through these cycles...I´m reminded of that. What is important is how I respond to the times where I feel farther away. Will Christ capture my heart again?? I hope and pray that I never give it away to a lesser cause.

Second, I flipped to Jeremiah and read something that challenged me in a huge way.

Jeremiah 1:4-10
The word of the Lord came to me:

I chose you before I formed you in the womb;
I set you apart before you were born.
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.

But I protested, ¨Oh no, Lord God! Look, I don´t know how to speak since I am only a youth.
Then the Lord said to me:

Do not say: I am only a youth, for you will go to everyone I send you to and speak whatever I tell you. Do not be afraid of anyone, for I will be with you to deliver you. This is the Lord´s declaration.

Then the Lord reached out His hand, touched my mouth, and told me:

Look, I have filled your moth with my words.
See, today I have set you over nations and kingdoms
to uproot and tear down,
to destroy and demolish,
to build and plant.

Wow! If that doesn´t get rid of any and all excuses that I have to not follow the Lord´s will for my life! I feel, and have felt for awhile now, very strongly called to missions, yet my fear holds me back. And I have a lot of fears, which in turn conjure up excuses. My prayer now is that God will reveal to me my fears and show me how to battle them. I don´t want fear to rule my life...I want the will of God to rule it! Can you help me in this prayer?

1 comment:

MaMa9787 said...

Sarah, I just stumbled upon your blog today, and I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and that it is so glad to see how God is working through you to benefit not only your personal walk, but also to influence those around you. Keep reading your Bible and hang in there! Lots of Love,
marie