Saturday, August 16, 2014

Obedience one sentence at a time...


The concept showed up to me on a lengthy bus ride recently. As several ladies sat by me throughout the bus ride (PTL, because it is not out of the ordinary that they would be creepy men), I began to pray, "Lord, give me the words." And he did.  One sentence at a time, He guided my words. I thought, if He asks me to be obedient to say what He wants me to say one sentence at a time, I can do that.

I think if I lived that way more often, I would struggle less with being obedient. One step at a time. No need to worry about all the things I should be doing or could be doing when I am listening to the Spirit for each step.
Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will act.
                                       Psalm 37:5

Lord, you do it. I give each step, each moment, each sentence up to you.

No comments: