Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's almost time!!

Wow! I can't believe that I leave in 4 days. I have been saying that all along though, and I don't think those feelings will stop any time soon. Not until I land in AR. Maybe not even then...
Right now I'm just contemplating packing and cleaning my room, etc. I got my address in Argentina! I still don't know anything about the family, but o'well. I have to go through customs when I get there and take a taxi to my house. That makes me a little nervous.

Yesterday was my brother's wedding. That was a lot of fun and I got to dance a lot. I also enjoyed seeing all of my family before I leave. Congrats bro!! And I have a new sister, so that's kind of cool. :-)

Okay, so onto something a bit more intense. I made a new friend from Isreal because he works on the computers that I have to use at work. It's really neat learning about Isreal...the culture, the country, the people, etc. I don't know why, but I was really surprised when I got into a conversation with him about religion and my faith. I didn't think that I would have the guts to bring it up with him but, of course, God was faithful and provided. But it was still very hard. He told me that he doesn't even know if he believes in God. That is so hard to hear and I had no idea what to say besides that I know there is a god and that He is taking care of him as we speak. He had told me that he has just been getting out of a slump in his life and so I tried to associate that back to God, saying that He clearly is being taken care of. But he insisted that he has done it on his own. He got himself into the bad situation and he has now gotten himself out of it. He says he won't be convinced until something happens to convince him. I know that, if it's in God's will, that is exactly what will happen. He also said that I should be a missionary (in sort of a cynical way). haha, I smiled at that. I wished Amy was there to tell me what to say. Or Les. Or anyone but me...But I know that's why God put ME there, and not anyone else. So I can learn and grow, and feel even more confident in my faith. I was blessed, yet heartbroken, by the conversation.

It breaks my heart to see people who have no idea that God is out there, taking care of them (yes, even when they are going through awful things), and loving them. I pray that God will continue to break my heart for the lost...I never want to lose that feeling.

1 comment:

iliketurtles said...

You don't think you ever have the words to say when talking to non-Christians...but you always rock out with it and God uses you in big ways.