Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Livin´ life and lovin´ it!

So…last weekend was the missions project in the north, but I decided not to go because I didn’t really have enough time. It was like an 18+ hour bus ride one way and I would have only been able to stay for a day or so in order to get back for class. Boo…I was a little sad, but my weekend was busy enough.

Friday Andrea and I decided to investigate a religious theme park that BsAs has, called Tierra Santa. It was semi entertaining, although we were trying to figure out if it was sacrilegious or not. It walked you through the entire Christian story, from creation to the resurrection. Kind of hard to explain.

Friday night we went to Vida as usual. They had a short meeting and then decided to go bowling afterwards!! I haven’t been bowling in waaay too long…so I was excited. I even managed to get a score of 108, so it was just a good night overall. Yes, 108 is good for me. And good for an Argentine too apparently…because I was only beat by 2 Americans! Haha I should bowl with Argentines more often so that I can feel good about myself.

Saturday I had a soccer game in the am. Once again we lost 2-1, but it was a much better played game. They only scored to win Right at the end, which is the worst way to lose I feel. After the game a few of us girls went to a café for lunch and I had a black bean burrito. AND they had hot sauce to spice it up. You have no idea how happy that made me!! I haven’t had a burrito, let alone anything spicy in too long.

Saturday night I actually went out with Vicky. She was going to her cousin’s birthday party, so she invited me along. I though, why not? It was alright. Just a typical house party with alcohol, smoke, and music. Haha. But it was cool to meet some other Argentines and practice my espanol a tiny bit.

Today I had my cooking class and we made desserts. I’ll post some pictures from last week. I can’t wait to get home and try this stuff out!!
Next week I have a couple of pretty big midterms, so I’ve got to study my butt off this weekend unfortunately. :-(






Can you spot the two Americans??

No comments: