Monday, September 8, 2008

My Crazy Day

I know you´re all so excited to hear about this insane day I had, so I´ll get started.

Last Friday I was supposed to meet up with my Tango dance professor and some students to go to a ¨fabrica¨ of Tango shoes...just a place where they make the shoes and obviously sell them. I´ve been wanting to buy some...so we were going to meet at 11am. Well, I left my house about 30 minutes before, which I should have known wasn´t going to be enough time. By the time the subte came, I was already running late. I sent a text to my professor, not really even knowing if he could recieve texts, just saying that I was coming but would be late. Well, I finally was able to get off the subte and I started walking towards what I thought was the meeting place. Turns out I walked a couple of blocks in the wrong direction, so I had to backtrack and I ended up being even later than I thought I would be. So hooray for Sarah becoming more Argentine-like. I arrived probably about 45 minutes late. Luckily the group was still waiting for the bus to come, so I made it!! *phew* One big hurdle crossed.

So we took the bus to the middle of nowhere, and began searching for shoes! It was fun and I found a pair that I liked, so I am now the proud new owner of a pair of official tango dance shoes. Mine are actually quite simple because I wanted to be able to wear them to places other than Tango class. Anyways, I was meeting a friend for lunch at 2pm, so I decided to leave around 1:15 to catch the bus and head back. This bus would take me near where i needed to be. Turns out the buses were quite delayed that day, so I had to wait a good 15 minutes just for the bus to arrive. Well, at around 1:50 I knew that I would be late because the bus still had quite a ways to go. I texted my friend and let him know I would be late, and he assured me it would be fine because he is usually the late one. It was about 2:20ish and we still had about 10 blocks to go until we got to my stop, when the bus BROKE DOWN. I have never had this happen! But of course it happens when I am quite late. So, I set out on foot and, again, assure him that I am coming. FINALLY I get to the restaurant arount 2:40, quite late and hot from walking so quickly. I send a message letting him know I was there, and he called, with the following conversation:

Me: Hey, I´m here, where are you sitting?

Him: I´m at the entrance, where are you?

Me: Umm, I´m at the entrance...I don´t see you.

Him: Where are you??

Me: Umm, would there happen to be more than one location for this restaurant?!?

Yes, folks, I was on the complete other side of town. Turns out there are two locations and the website just happened to only display one. How was I supposed to know?? I did feel quite ridiculous though.

What a day!!

No comments: