Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hola a todos!

Hey all!

Thank you SO much for your prayers! We arrived very safely after some long days of training and a very long day of travel! I must say, the few days before coming, however, were the most stretching and challenging for me. When I arrived to briefing last Sunday I was told that I would be in La Plata for the summer. That is a smaller town about an hour away from Buenos Aires. I automatically got very upset. I wanted to be content with wherever they placed me, but I can't deny my disappointment. I had assumed all along that I would be placed in BA, and just had different expectations. I hadn't been asking God WHERE he wanted me in Argentina, I just knew that he wanted me in the country. I cried a lot...I didn't want to be upset about it, but I didn't know what else to do with my emotions!

However, after meeting my team and having a few days to process the change, I am absolutely convinced that this is where God wants me. I completely thing that I would have been very comfortable in Buenos Aires, with the staff that I know, the students that I know, and the city that I know. I would have stuck with what was comfortable and maybe not learned as much. Here I get to experience a completely new city in Argentina and broaden my heart for this country. As I mentioned before, I love my team and am so convinced that I am with them for a reason. I can't wait to know more about their lives and become forever friends with them!! :-)

We've been so busy, I haven't had any time really to connect to the internet. I will update more later about what I'm learning, but for now I've gotta go!

Love and joy!!

Sarah

No comments: