Friday, May 15, 2009

I won't be held down

Soo...the nerves started kicking in today.

I started believing the lie that I'm not good enough to do this ministry and kept asking myself, "Why me?" I'm not good at sharing Christ...in fact, I fail to do so on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. I'm just not sure why it's so hard for me to step out in faith and tell people about this Amazing God who loves us and takes care of our every need and desire...the God who saves us daily from the misery of this world.

If the #1most important decision of my life has been to accept Christ into my life and my heart and the #1 thing I can do for others is to tell them about that amazing decision...what am I waiting for??

1 Peter 3:15-16 says:
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.

As long as I am sharing Christ with a gentle, loving attitude, I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Thanks for listening to me ramble...I have had a lot of thoughts cross my mind in the last day. Now I just want to be in Greensboro, meet my team, and get to Argentina! I know my life is going to change this summer. I can't wait to see how!

I would appreciate prayer throughout this next week as we travel to North Carolina and our team gets briefed on our mission for the summer. We will be flying out Wednesday afternoon! Thanks for the love and support!! I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Sharing your faith when that's your "mission" is a lot easier to keep up with then in "real life"...so no worries! You'll do great and you'll find that sharing your faith is like breathing. :-) It's so fun to step out in faith and see what kind of person the Lord has you talking to next!! I'm so glad you are going to be able to experience a summer project. They are so great. :-)I'll be praying for you!

Dave Gruber said...

Funny isn’t it ... how in our journey of faith we are constantly dependent on the God of grace to empower us. We make it to the mountain top only to see my journey isn’t yet complete. We press on again towards the next impossible pass of the mountain with no strength or plan, but only a simple prayer of faith weak at most. Realizing once again we are completely dependant on him again.

Looking back on my journey in Christ, it is most often in this place of fear and doubt (when I am at my weakest) I have learned the most about the character of God... And in my Amazement, I state as you did in your blog that GOD IS FAITHFUL.

It seems God uses these times in our journey to teach us of this blessed gift called “Surrender”. When we finally come to our end and surrender all our inabilities (and strengths) to him – it is at this moment we begin experience his glorious Grace and his power is manifesting within us… and we experience (in our lives) the faithfulness of God.

In his own way, Paul experienced this also. In 2 Cor. 12 it says ...

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses …”For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Sarah, I don’t see fear in you, but courage and I Trust as you are obedient to the Lord even in your weakness; he can and will work both in you and through you;)

Be like Peter and say… Lord if it’s you bid me to come… then listen. If it his voice you hear get out of the boat and take the first step. With God all things are possible.

We are praying for you!