Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Exploring

Today Mom and I decided to venture out and explore a little of Ft. Worth, besides just Walmart and other stores. Mom had looked up kind of touristy areas of interest in Ft. Worth and discovered a historical area of the city. So, off we went!

It was quite a neat place and had a very authentic Texas feel. The very first thing we did was sit down at a barbecue restaurant and eat a real Texan meal, complete with brisket, ribs, and smoked sausage. Of course we had all the other fixin's too like potato salad, red beans, and coleslaw. It was delicious!!
After lunch we wandered down the street in and out of little shops and learned a little bit about the historical stockyards of Ft. Worth. In the afternoon they had a cattle drive with the long-horned cattle, so everyone lined up on the streets and admired the huge beasts as they went by. All the while it's well over 100 degrees! The car said it was 113, which was of course a bit high due to it sitting in the sun...but I don't exaggerate when I say it's hot!! Thank goodness for AC. And thank goodness for my GPS too! I don't think we would make it anywhere without it yet.
Other than that, there isn't much going on right now. I just met my roommate yesterday and she's very sweet! I think we will get along great. We are hopefully heading to a young adults group game night tonight for a local church. Maybe we can make some friends! :-)
Tomorrow I'm meeting with a Cru staff guy and his wife to talk about maybe getting semi-involved in the campus ministry. We'll see if I have time, but I would love to help out in the ministry that helped me grow SO much during my undergrad.

Anyways, sending my love!!

Sarah

No comments: