Monday, October 27, 2008

A big sigh of relief

*sigh*

I just got two big weights off my shoulders, thank goodness! One, I handed in my final paper for my history class, hooray. It took me so long to do, mostly because I was being a horrible procrastinator. But I must say, when you hit the 5 page mark (of an 8 pager), in Spanish, with no more ideas...it's extremely hard to BS your way through it! At the end I ended up throwing in a "personal perspective" part, which I'm not sure if is legal or not. O'well...it's over!! Next week I find out my grade and say goodbye to latin american history forever.

The other weight was registering at Central for classes in the spring. Done! With the classes I need/want, so that's good. SO, now you can guarantee that I'm coming back, because I'm enrolled in classes. ;-) JK, I would come back anyways. It is weird though, to imagine being back on campus in January, living life like I never left. I'm not sure how the whole adjustment thing is going to go, but we'll see!

So this weekend was a pretty good one. Friday there was no Vida so I instead went to my friend Kevin's apt. and we made a rockin' dinner. ;-) Actually one of the things we made was a recipe that I saw on the subte (metro), which is kind of an odd place to find a recipe, but whatev. They turned out yummy!




haha, caught in the act of enjoying the food!


Saturday I went to a tango show with Abby and Krista, at Cafe Tortoni...a famous cafe in town. My tango professor does shows there twice a week, so I wanted to see what it was all about. It was a good show, with an interesting twist! Halfway through the show he and his partner went into the audience to grab a couple of victims to drag on stage with them. Well, seeing as Jose more or less knows me and knows that I should know how to dance, he grabbed me! It was slightly embarrasing, but fun. :-p I mean, I was probably up there for a total of 2 minutes, but sa-weet! haha.





Sunday I finished my paper early on and decided to treat myself to a day of rest. So I went to a park and enjoyed the sunshine for a bit. The weather is getting beautiful! :-) Some days it feels like summer in the states, even though it's just spring here. So I have a feeling the heat is going to overtake us all quite soon.
Anyways, time to get going. Sending my love!

No comments: