Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oh, how I wish I could explain...

Soo...update time??

Honestly in the past week or so my life hasn´t been all that exciting, therefore I haven´t written anything. I guess the biggest thing is that I have changed my plane ticket to stay a couple of weeks longer here in AR. I will be staying until Dec. 17th. I know!! In some ways it´s sad, because it´ll be that much longer until I can wrap everyone in big hugs...but for me it´s also a happy thing. Who knows the next time that I´ll be able to visit this place or these people?? I´m really living here...I´m not just here on vacation. I have my regular supermarket, my preferred park to go to and sit in, and I even have made friends with the guy at the ice cream shop that I walk by everyday! I´m becoming a part of this community and immersing myself in the culture of this country. But it´s not like before, for example, when I transferred colleges. I can´t just visit this place again when I have a spare weekend or a couple of days free. I´ve wiggled my way south, crossed the equator, and stepped into a new country!

The people in this country have made an impact on my life that I won´t be able to forget...that I don´t want to forget. And my decision to stay a bit longer has nothing to do with people at home. If it were up to me, I would fly each of you down here, one by one, and show you around my neighborhood, my city...my country. And if it were up to you, I´d be home tomorrow. But we can´t change what´s what and so here we are, with the reality of the situation...I´m staying 17 days more. I´m still looking forward to coming home and I really will be there before you know it!

I hope you undersand. *hugs and kisses!*

No comments: