Thursday, February 10, 2011

As the days go by...

I realize my last post began with "It's beginning to feel a lot like Michigan," and, again I'd say that's true! Only this time it's not the end of August with temperatures cooling down into the "tolerable" range. This time it's feeling like home due to our much lower temperatures and *gasp* even snow!! Crazy enough, in the past two weeks I have had 5 snow days (3-4 of which were due to light snow, heavy ice)! I think I maybe had one snow day in all four years of college, but I'm not complaining. Next is supposed to come the slightly "I'm superior" comment about Texans being wimps and how being scared to go out in a few inches of snow is pretty lame. After all, I am a seasoned winter driver. Well, it's not coming from me! I can't blame Texans for being scared to drive...ice is no joke, especially not when you have Not A Thing to melt it. Like salt, for example. Maybe it's the reason my car is rusty, but it's also the reason that I haven't been in a winter accident! Anyways, enough about the weather!

Life since last fall? Here are a few things that have happened:

I cried my first day of clinic.
I survived my first semester of clinic.
I get up at about 6-6:30am [most] every day to have coffee and Jesus time.
I used Spanish weekly, if not daily.
I read Genesis through (now) Psalms with the church.
I have developed a great friendship with one particular girl in my program.
I went to a haunted house and hurt my arm by running into a wall.
I went home for Thanksgiving.
I drove to a different city 3x a week to work with Spanish-speaking kiddos.
I babysit on occasion for a lively, wonderful set of 3 boys.
I went to downtown Ft. Worth and saw the beautiful Christmas lights.
I passed my first semester with a 4.0!
I went home for a month over Christmas.
I have a "staff" dinner weekly with our staff/volunteer team in Cru.
I'm loving my living arrangement.
I played laser tag.
I've developed a friendship with two sweet girls at church.
I've learned more about this profession than I can possibly remember.
I'm debating writing a thesis (truly debating!)
I tutor a 13 year old girl in algebra.
I have lunch with church friends almost every Sunday afternoon.
I've become a more confident clinician.
I've developed a great relationship with our college director and his wife, from church.
I've been working on memorizing Scripture.
I helped host a Superbowl party.
I rooted for Antonio Brown and the Steelers in said Superbowl.
I am in two weddings this upcoming year, possibly 3.
I love what I'm learning.
I'm praying about current and upcoming ministry opportunities.

So, that's all for now. :-) Sorry if you've missed me. I'll try to be better!

Hugs and kisses,

Sarah Anne


PS I leave you with a picture of my life on the weekends:




And my face:

No comments: