Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cooking & Baking Endeavors

Wow! Another post already? I've been inspired by reading blogs these past few weeks (especially when we had our 4 snow days) and I wanted to share some of the fun things coming out of my, and others', kitchens! I have always inspired to be a good cook, like my momma and grandma. And while being a student is a full-time, crazy job, so is being a wife and a mother! I'm starting to realize that things aren't going to get less busy as life moves on, so I'd better start adapting now! Plus, it's something I very much enjoy, so why not?

Benefits of cooking/baking:
-I get to EAT it!
-I get to try out new recipes
-I get to experiment mixing flavors and colors
-I get to please others with the yummy goodness! (I hope)

Drawbacks of cooking/baking:
-Doing DISHES
-It's expensive at this stage in life
-It can be rather time consuming

So here are a few of the things I've taken pictures of:


(Toll House Streusel Muffins with slivered almonds on top)


(Halloween treat: Brownies with peanut butter frosting, and a little extra!)


(Deboned whole chicken with bacon/vegetable stuffing)

On a side note for this one, I'd been promising my grandma that I would do this for her since 2008, when I learned in Argentina. She still didn't understand how I did it without breaking the skin...


(Superbowl treat: Chocolate cupcakes in football formation)

This one wasn't entirely my undertaking. In fact, the frosting is all my roommate. But I thought it was too adorable NOT to share!


(Cut up carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash)

(Combined ingredients: hamburger, rice, veggies, spaghetti sauce, herbs & spices)

(Final result: Stuffed green peppers)

The last recipe is compliments of the lovely Julie, a wonderful mother, wife, and fabulous cook! I wish I had more opportunities to learn from her!


Bon Appétit!

No comments: