Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Transitioning Through Transition


Unpacking and re-packing may literally drive me crazy.

I want to make sure I have what I need and some things I want, but that's an interesting endeavor when I've never been to this part of the world before!

2 years in 2 suitcases with weight limits + carry on + backpack = stressful.

The good thing? I will survive without anything I forget. Nothing is life or death. Well, except my new french press, which I might very well die without. But I had better include coffee on that list too, to make it count.

I've heard all of the following about our region, which varies greatly by the country/city:
It's beautiful
It's a difficult place to live
The people are friendly
It's a dark place
It's smelly
It's not so smelly
It's overwhelming
Daily tasks take longer
I love it
I hate it
There are SO many people
We have a small-town feel

All this to say, I am eager to get to my country, my city, to finally experience what life is all about instead of simply hearing 2nd hand what people have to say about it. Although I have appreciated the information, I'm just not sure which actually applies to me.

7 days to go!

No comments: